The Fall Season is Here!
Stay Safe at Home and on the Go.
Fall brings the start of many fun adventures including the holiday season, we hope you have many wonderful people and experiences in your life to surround you with love and positivity this holiday season.
If you have any questions about your policies, coverage, renewal, or our favorite pie recipe (it's this one!) don't hesitate to reach out.
Home Safety Tips
Prevent Kitchen Mishaps
Thanksgiving can be filled with limited time, juggling several tasks at once, entertaining family and more. It's easy to have an accident in the kitchen when there are so many things going on, here are a few tips to help prevent a mishap:
- Prep as much as Possible. If you can chop vegetables and herbs or bake pies the night before, it will help mark some "day of" tasks off your list.
- Create Designated Work Spaces. It's hard not to spread your cooking out all over the kitchen, but it is helpful to have an area for prep, an area for cooking, and an area for serving if you can. This also allows people to jump in and help you when needed.
- Keep Recipes Close. Sometimes in the chaos of the day we don't organize the recipes we will need. This can lead to a search that takes your attention away from cooking food on the stove or in the oven. Gather all your recipes the night before and have them in one place, ready to go!
Decorate with Flair
There's no need to go overboard on decorations since the main focus of the day is the food, but a little decorative flair is always enjoyed. Think about candles, flowers, mini gourds, decorative leaves, or small pumpkins. Whatever you choose, keep it simple and fun.
Shop with Ease
Shopping for the big day can sometimes be as stressful as Thanksgiving itself. To help ease the stress we suggest two things:
- Make a Grocery List. Go through each recipe and determine what you need. Once you have your list decided upon, organize it into grocery store sections (i.e. produce, dairy, meat, canned goods, etc.) This will help you be more efficient during your trip to the store and will prevent constant back and forth between aisles.
- Schedule Time for Shopping. We recommend blocking off your Sunday afternoon or maybe a Tuesday morning to get your shopping done. Give yourself plenty of time and of course try to avoid the day before Thanksgiving to do your shopping; you may not get everything you need.
Our team at Colorado Insurance Benefits is here to keep you safe and protected all year long. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us about questions, concerns or to chat!
We're here for you; call or email us and we'll get back to you!